Android's recovery mode is a device-level tool built into most Android devices on the market. All RHINO devices can access recovery mode using the key combination
Volume up when the unit is powered off. Recovery can be used to reset a device back to factory settings, test hardware functions, and more.
Hardware key combination
- Turn off the RHINO device
volume up together until the device vibrates.
- The device will boot to a bootloader menu, use
volume up to move between the options until Recovery is selected, then press
volume down to confirm the selection.
- The device will boot into recovery mode, and first shows a picture of the Android robot showing . Press
power, then while holding, press
volume up in quick succession. This may take a few attempts as it can be tricky to get the timing just right.
- The recovery menu will appear.
NB: For step 4, holding the buttons down for too long will cause the device to reboot. The button combination need only be pressed for a moment.
- Connect a powered-on RHINO device to your PC
- Open the commandline utility
adb devices to confirm the RHINO device is present and authorised
adb reboot recovery
- Follow steps 4 and 5 above
- The RHINO device must have debugging enabled, and the PC must already have ADB set up for this to work.
- The K27p and DS have no physical volume keys for hardware key combination recovery mode.
- The M10p requires the use of two SIM pins to depress the hidden power and volume buttons.